Exploring the Montessori’s world
Vai alla versione italiana di questa pagina.
I choose a Montessori school for my son almost as an act of faith. At that time my knowledge of the method was null, besides having heard of small chairs and colored beads. But seeing my son happy day after day encouraged me to study and deepen the Montessori’s ideas. What I had discovered astonished me as a father and as a scientist. As a father, I found how children are really respected and prepared for the future. As a scientist, I found solid scientific foundations for everything Maria Montessori proposed.
What you can find here
- The slides of my talk at the International Montessori Congress in Prague “Scientist and father: my journey from ignorance to Montessori enthusiasm”.
- A scientist’s look to the “God who has no hands” cosmic tale. Published in German in: Ela Eckert & Malve Fehrer, Kosmische Erzählungen in der Montessori-Pädagogik, LIT Verlag (2015)
- Slides of the “Montessori: why not?” talk given first time for AMI Poland conference in Poznan (Poland).
- From AMI Tagung 2014 in Pelham (Deutschland): “Montessori through the eyes of a scientist”.
- My list of Montessori Frequently Asked Questions.
- Events where I spoke or will speak about Montessori.
- The well-known paper by Angeline Lillard and Nicole Else-Quest: Evaluating Montessori Education, Science, Vol. 313, September 29th 2006, p. 1893–1894.
I’d love you could contact me if you want to discuss these ideas or plan to use them.
All the material you find here is licensed under Creative Commons License Attribution, Non Commercial, Share Alike 4.0 International (CC BY-NC-SA 4.0)
You are free to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format.
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- Non Commercial — You may not use the material for commercial purposes.
- Share Alike — If you remix, transform, or build upon the material, you must distribute your contributions under the same license as the original.