Lessons and courses ideas
Tutorial on web usage for chemistry
- Ideas from the Brown Bag and the AdvChemViz courses. Goal is to make the users aware of the possibilities offered by the web. Which tools for a possible course on Web page creation for chemists?
Immersive Visualization and Virtual Reality
- Visualize to understand.
- Problems with 3D perception.
- Interact to understand.
- Hw and sw for immersive visualization.
- Immersive user interfaces.
Animation for Scientific Visualization
- Animation to build a mental image of the phenomena.
- Why animate?
- Rules for an effective movie.
- Risks (movie: "The Danger of Glitziness and other Visualization Faux Pas").
- Movie analysis: "Study of a Numerically Modeled Severe Storm" and others created by CSCS.
- Applications: Xgobi and its Grand Tour.
- Information Visualization scope and goals.
- Differences with Scientific Visualization.
- Multidimensional data.
- Information Visualization applications analysis (Parallel Coordinates, Xgobi, Visual Recurrence Analysis).
- Human perception role in Information Visualization.
- Message parts
- Difference with Infographics (eg. Alberto Cairo)
- See what he know
- Optical illusions
- Visual language (design, info)